Friday, October 2, 2009

Stupid Fireman

Hope I don't have a fire at my house anytime soon. Especially when a fireman named Jeremy is on duty. Today for no reason at all my smoke alarms go off. Not just one all 6 of them. They are all connected together through the power and have battery back ups. I was outside talking to my friend Katie and my smoke alarms start blaring. I go inside to make sure there is no smoke and there wasn't any so I try pressing the buttons on them to see if I can get them to turn off. I call Matt and to see if he has any suggestions on what to do but know that he can't be much help because he is at work. I then turn the circuit breaker off and no luck they are still blaring away. I then go and disconnect every single smoke alarm while Katie is holding Molly and the kids are running around crazy outside. I have to get the BIG extension ladder out of the garage to get up to the one at the top off out vaulted ceiling. Stupid ladder is on the side of the truck surrounded by crap and have a hard time getting it out. I think I have them all but I forgot the one downstairs at this point the smoke alarms have been going off for about 15 mins. I get the last was disconnected and put in a new battery and go outside to round the kids up. I am talking to Katie again and the stupid alarm goes off again. So i disconnected it again and decided to call the fire department and see if they have suggestions on what to do because I wasn't sure if they were carbon monoxide detectors also. Now for the best part. He's stupid responses
"Have you counted the beeps and then looked on the smoke alarm to see what it say is the problem." - Didn't think to do that one, but who would of thought to do that when the stupid alarm has given you a head ache when the alarm has been blaring in your ear at this point for 1/2 hour. He then tells me hes not sure what to do because if they came they would just go through and check to see if it was a battery problem. They really cant touch the smoke detectors because of liability. So I ask him if he thinks it is ok to go in because there is no smoke. His response "Not sure, it could be carbon monoxide. we could come check it but not sure. you could maybe but probably wouldn't want to but you can go inside and shut all the doors and windows. -Now that's a brilliant idea. Let me go inside with my 3 kids that couldn't do much if we all got sick and I happen to pass out. That's a great idea. let me just go inside and see if we will die or not. Awesome idea fireman. I told him I would figure something else out and hung up. I'm not a fireman but come on really? I kept the kids outside and all the windows open and tested the 1 smoke alarm outside. I figured if it went off outside then there was something wrong with the actual detector and not carbon monoxide. So thank you fireman I figured out what to do myself (with some suggestions from Matt) and realized that we would be ok. I didn't really care that they didn't come check but the stupidity of the fireman and the way he treated me on the phone made me mad and a little concerned what kind of fireman they have at the station.

1 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

stupid fireman putting our fires and stuff...jk, that is funny and annoying.