Thursday, December 6, 2007

The big 3-O



Yesterday was Matt's birthday and he turned the big 30. We had such a fun day. He was able to take the day off from both jobs, so we were able to spend the whole day as a family. I think birthdays should be a special day. They shouldn't be like every other day. So we woke up and dinked around the house, ate breakfast and then went to the mall. We saw Santa Clause and looked for the boys shirts for their pictures. (yea I know not to exciting)After that we went up to Hill Air Force base and went to the museum. Trey is really into army guys.(all armed forces are army guys to Trey, I know that its a big deal to call the air force people army guys but to a 3 year old. it doesn't matter). We had fun looking at all the planes .Trey had to have his picture taken by every one. He was a little disappointed that he didn't get to see an army guy but living up here we see them all the time. After that we went home and had Cafe Rio. Matt did some homework and then went and looked at Christmas lights. The boys didn't enjoy that so much but I did. After driving around for only about 15 min we went and got ice cream. Matt can't hardly go a day without ice cream. All in all it was a great day being able to spend it together.

5 comments:

Susy said...

Happy Bday Matt! WOW, I didn't know your guy was SO OLD...Ranae...hahaha! That's great that you were able to spend the whole day together!

Ranae and Matt said...

I know but I am catching up. I hate growing up.

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Matt! I was thinking about you on your birthday and sent you special birthday thoughts. Hope you got them. He he.

Sherilyn said...

What a great day - just speanding time as a family no matter what you are doing is special. Happy birthday Matt

Susy said...

How was Christmas Ranae? I wanna see pictures!!!