Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yeah for tubes





Ethan had his surgery today and it went great. We were there forever waiting to go back, probably 1 1/2 hours but the actual surgery was only 10 minutes long. After he went to recovery and I was able to be back with him as soon as it was over. As I was walking back one of the nurses was coming to find me because Ethan was getting a little upset. As soon as I got him you couldn't tell he had even had surgery We were in recovery for 20-30 minutes because he wouldn't drink the apple juice. He didn't like it so they switched it over to water and he would take a couple of sips so they let us go. By the time we got off the elevator and met up with Matt and Trey he was ready to run. They had a little train set by the doors that he had to look at while Matt was getting the prescription and he was running around. Now lets just hope no more ear infections.

12 comments:

Keiauni said...

Oh- your gonna love tubes. They are so terrific! Even when Eli would get another infection, it would just drain out, so he had very little pain. It makes for a happy baby, and a happy set of parents too! Glad you got it over with...

Susy said...

I agree with Keiauni...your gonna love em! Just pray that they stay in!!! I think you're going to have a much happier little guy! I know they've been lifesavers in our family!!!

Siddoways said...

Holy he is soooo cute in those little scrubs. I am glad it went so well. Hope to play with you soon!

everything petersen said...

Well if he is like Kobe you will be making an app to take them out in 3 years. Ethan looks so cute in his little outfit. But it is still so sad to see your child under go something. Hopefully you will notice a big difference!

Missy said...

Don't you just love the gowns? They are so nerdy, but cute at the same time. I am glad everything went well. Any kind of surgery on your kids is so scary!

Erin said...

oh is little outfit is so cute!

Erin said...

Hey there. I tagged you:)

Shanna said...

I hope your luck is more like Bonnie's. Carter had two sets of tubes. The first set lasted four months, the second lasted two months. Ya I was pretty upset. When they told us he needed a third we took him to a chiroporactor who was able to open up his eaustation tubes so his ears could drain. It has been wonderful, he has only had one ear infection in about two and a half years. Sorry, don't mean to sound like a downer, I think we just had bad luck, I'm sure yours will be great. Good Luck!!

Aaron said...

love the little scrubs

Jake said...

Hope Ethan is doing better! Ear infections are the worst in my opinion.
I forgot to ask you when Heather is coming. Maybe we can get together?

Jake said...

By the way, this is Emily not Jake. I don't know how that happened.

Cassie said...

My kids have both had to have tubes. I don't know what we would have done with out them.