Saturday, September 12, 2009

Good Bye Summer! Don't come back

*long boring post but I need to remember this summer.

This summer was full of trials. Ones that I don't want to repeat again. Especially all at once like we did this year. Both of our vehicles kept braking down. First it started with the truck. Every week to week and a half the truck just wouldn't start. We replaced the battery and it would still do the same thing. We had it checked a number of time and nobody could tell us what was wrong. Finally we took it to Tunex where they found out that it was the seat belt regulator that had a short in it. To fix it it would cost $500. Bad new was that it is on back order indefinitely. So in order to keep it from draining the battery we have to pull the fuse. In pulling the fuse we don't get interior lights or a radio. Since I drive the truck and don't go any where its easier to leave the fuse out. Then we noticed there was something wrong with the tires. They were wearing funny so we took it to get checked. The mechanics said that it need $1000 worth of work. We have a neighbor look at it and said that it didn't need that much work. Matt and him did some stuff on the truck and then took it in to get an alignment and they told us that it needed more stuff done. Another $700 to fix it. Then in the middle of this the car would be driving just fine and then all the sudden lose power. It would only happen at rare times so no one could figure out what was wrong. After taking it to many repair shops and the car getting worse and worse they finally figured out that it was a computer problem. $800 later we thought that it was fixed. The day after we got it back the check engine light came on. So we headed back to the dealership and they said that the car was misfiring. They told us that it was the spark plugs that Matt had just replace 1 month ago. I guess are car doesn't like autozone parts. So we had to replace the spark plugs. This helped for about 2 days and then the check engine light would come back on. We took it to the dealership and they said that nothing was wrong. We ended up taking it to another dealership were they told us that it was the camshaft sensor. (another part Matt had replaced from autozone). That was another $150 or so.
Then back to the truck. In the middle of the car being broken Matt was driving home from work on the freeway and I get a call from him saying that he was going to die the truck was swerving all over. So he pulls off and drives slow and the truck is doing ok. (I had no car to get him.) He drives it to Big O where they had done the work and they couldn't find anything wrong. So Matt drives home and as soon as he gets out he notice that the back drivers side tire is missing 2 lug nuts. we were so lucky that the tire didn't come off and seriously injure Matt or total the truck. Matt was able to replace the studs and a couple of more on the front passenger side. (with a lot of more trouble with autozone parts) are cars are FINALLY fixed for now.
So the total for both car repairs almost $2000.
Then in June one day I was just sitting there and for some reason I rubbed my neck and noticed a lump on my left side. I figured it was nothing maybe a swollen gland or something like that. I told Matt about it and then thought nothing of it, about a month later I noticed it again and since I was pregnant and going to the Dr already I might as well ask him about it. It took a couple of times seeing him to remember to ask. Then I did and he didn't waste any time trying to figure out what it was. That day my blood was drawn and I had an appt to go have an ultrasound done on my thyroid. A few days later I had my ultrasound and they noted that it was a nodule that had grown on my left thyroid and that I needed to see a thyroid specialist. A few days later I had an appt to see the specialist he wanted to do a biopsy of it. Results came back that it was abnormal but not cancerous. Most of the time these nodules are around 2 inches. Mine was 4 inches which means there is a higher risk for cancer. So to fix this I needed to have surgery. But could wait until after I had my baby. So with appt scheduled for surgery my baby Dr decided to start me a little bit earlier so I would have time to heal. 2 weeks after Molly came I went in for Surgery.

I had my surgery on Sept 11. Everything went well. I was told that the incision would be about 5 inches long. It only ended up being around 2 inches. They didn't find cancer but are waiting for the final test results. But so far so good. I guess I didn't wake up from the anesthesia very well. They said that I ripped my clothes of and threw a little fit. I don't remember that. I remember not knowing where I was and shaking and felling like I was going to fall off the bed. I remember them talking about usually men do that and 2 women did that that day.

What was the blessing in all of this? My beautiful healthy baby girl

6 comments:

Becky Low said...

Good grief Ranae! I bet you are glad Summer's over! Sorry you've been through such scary stuff! Your baby girl is beautiful! Hope your Fall is much better!

everything petersen said...

I thought of you all day. I'm glad you are healing so well.

Hopefully your car and truck problems are behind you now. I need to come and see that Molly girl.

Susy said...

Yeah, let's get that summer behind us...and we're not looking back right! I'm so glad you're doing well. Did your mom come back up to help you? How are you feeling? That little Molly is a beautiful sweet little thing. You'll definitely have to let me know when you come home...I want to meet her.;)

Marie Lefler said...

I knew things weren't going that well, especially with the cars, but MAN! Well at least you are stronger for it right? At least you hope so.

Hey, in the meantime you did get your basement finished and a beautiful baby girl! So the summer wasn't all that bad. but I wouldn't trade my summer for yours. Sorry girl! Hope the Fall is much better for you.

Keiauni said...

So glad that it's so far so good...
Sorry about all the shmack along the way! I hear it always happens in threes (j and I are firm believers of this!!!)

Dang Autozone!

April said...

I can sypathize paul and i have put about that much just into our car this year! Hpoefully you will ahve better luck this fall. molly sure is cute! Paul and I still need to come and see her!Congrats by the way!