Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Aug 15th

Well I feel like a single mom. Matt got a part-time job working at wonderful K-Mart. He did this so I could stay home and be a mom. I feel so bad for him. He doesn't have a single minute to relax. He works full time at Hogle Zoo, part-time at K-Mart, donates plasma and is going to school. plus helping me figure out this vinyl so we can have another job. (hopefully it will take off) All this so I can be a stay at home mom. What a wonderful husband. Oh then when he has a free minute he is either doing things around our new house or spending time with out boys. Hopefully when he is done with school next November things will be better and he will only have to work one job.
So last week he was trying to put a fan up in the office and drilled his hand and now it is infected:( so he can't donate plasma. So I guess the positive side is I will see him a little more for the next two weeks.
Trey is turning 3 on friday. I can't believe it. He keeps telling me that he wants two parties a turtle (ninjia turtle)party and a pirate party but he wants a transformer cake(the cake changes daily). So we are going to Cherry Hill on his birthday to go swimming and then on Sunday have a bbq with family. We were going to have a party but we don't know anyone here to well and his best friend moved to Omaha so we will see what we can come up with.

6 comments:

DATC Blog Author said...

Good for Matt! It requires a sacrifice in the present to get blessings for the future but they are well worth making. I actually donated plasma for about 3 years and have the scar tissue to prove it. I'm hoping that my years of sacrifice (of time) are nearing an end. I must admit it is already so much better than a few years ago. Now Marlene and I's schedules for sleeping are the same so when I am around (which isn't much) we actually enjoy each other. The kids know that Dad more than just work and sleep. Put in the time and then pursue the blessings of having prepared yourself. Way to GO!

marlene said...

I promise it will get easier and there is no question that it will be worth the sacrifice. We are living proof. We have put in A LOT of years of those long, ugly schedules (only one-ish more to go!) but we now look back with no regrets. It was hard at times and sometimes we didn't know if we could continue another day, but we always made it through. And now remember - I am 10 minutes away - come over anytime. You are welcome at any moment to come and share in the chaos of my life. It may be crazy around here, but it sure is fun :)

everything petersen said...

My best friend Ranae, well I feel like I'm not so the best friend! I got your message today, I so wish I had a second to call you. So should I say congrats on the part time job, it will be hard but I am a firm believer on how important a stay at home mom is. You will see all of the wonderful blessing you will gain from this. So when your up to your waist with everything and Matts at work remember that this is a blessing.....I am so gateful for being home, though at this point I am feeling like I should say I work full time. With hair (which I have been really busy, but I love doing it and the fact I am still home and my children are with me) my RS calling, and also doing all of the motherly things we do.....I love it all!
Happy b-day Trey...You should tell your mom to make you a transfomer turtle cake! I would like to see that :)
Hey I promise I will find a time to spend time with my friend. I want to come see your house.

Ranae and Matt said...

Well he is getting a transformer cake. Matt is designing it. So we will see with all his spare time. He is the cake designer. He has made the first two cakes for Trey and they just get better.

Keiauni said...

Ranae--- CHICKEN POT PIE!!

Hey girl, I know just what it is like to feel like a single mom... J is gone 24/7, and sometimes I wonder if it will be worth it!!
$$ is nice, but sometimes your husband is NICER!! But, you gotta have the $$. boo hoo. It will get better! when Judd finally finished school, we saw him more, although working overtime at his reg job, and taking side work for extra $$ doesn't always make a ton of free time for family. If you get overwhelmed, do what I do! Hire a "yard boy" to do your yard work for you! He is worth every cent!!
HAHA
so girl, I wanna see your new house too!! I think us girls (me bon and you) should get together with all of our 6 boys, and play!
eg: the gateway children's fountain, children's museum, and maybe a movie or something?
I have a museum pass that we could use!!
Call me! (bon's got the #)

everything petersen said...

That so ages us! Chicken pot pie!!