Sunday, April 13, 2008

Swimming Lessons



Trey just finished up his first swimming lessons on Thursday. He did really good. The last fifteen minutes they let the kids play on the toys. He was so excited he had been waiting to play. Every day he would ask.
He will now put his face under the water and he can float on his back for a few seconds.
He loved swimming lessons. I on the other half was not so happy with them. He did great but the teacher was a not the nicest lady. They have had a couple of complaints about her not being so nice to the kids. Trey didn't seem to notice that she wasn't the friendliest. On Wednesday of this week they only had one life guard that showed up on time, there was another life guard there but didn't care to do his job and left. They had to move the little kids to another pool so the life guard could watch 3 swimming classes and about 25 people doing water aerobics. About half way through the lessons 2 other life guards came in and didn't think that they needed to do their job, they thought that they could just stand there and talk to the 1 life guard on duty. At this point the kids were in the deep end and they were holding on to the side. Trey was bobbing up and down while the teacher was taking another kid out swimming and Trey let go of the side and was struggling to get the side, he was bobbing up and down and luckily there was an older kid from another class right there to grab his arm and pull him to the side since the life guards didn't seem to care. I was so mad. Later I called and talked to the lady over life guards and she agreed that the life guards weren't doing there job and actually 6 people got in trouble for it. I wasn't the only mom who called and complained another mom called to (her daughter is a life guard and knew all the rules-) The next day (last day) there were 4 lifeguards on duty and they actually did the job the way they were suppose to do their jobs. Every fifteen minutes they would rotate and not take their eyes off the kids.

7 comments:

Shanna said...

That is scary, I'm glad you called. I need to get my kids into swimming lessons this year.

Keiauni said...

Way to be Ranae!! I feel for you. They wouldn't let parents sit on the poolside when Ash was about 4, and I said, "you don't know my son, and I'm sitting right here, he will go off on his own, beause he isn't afraid of anything." I knew he would get away from the teachers. (he's sneaky) I think maybe they rethought their rules and being upset with me for sitting on the side of the pool, when I went and pulled his little body off the ladder to the highdive! They didn't even notice that he had gotten out of the pool and walked to the deep end, until I brought him back to the teacher, and told her what happened.
ARGH! I'm glad you got the situation worked out!

Susy said...

I would have been ticked off too!!! Good job for setting them straight!

Emily Youngdell said...

I really need to get my girls in swimming lessons but for some reason I keep putting it off! It does make me a little nervous...
Good thing all of you called in and got everything worked out.

everything petersen said...

Way to put your smack down! I would have been upset myself. Have fun down south.

everything petersen said...

Trey looks so cute in the pictures, I can't wait until my boys can take swimming this summer.

April said...

trey look really cute. i am glad he enjoyed swimming lessons and good for you for calling about the lifeguards.