Monday, June 16, 2008


What a day. This morning I sent the boys out to play in out backyard. I gave them some toys to play in the dirt. I go out to check on them and they are washing off a binky in the faucet. Whats wrong with that? Nothing except Ethan didn't go outside with a binky. He lost a binky outside a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't find it. Guess he found it.

Ethan thinks its fun to sit on the potty and try to go. The other day I was going the bathroom and Ethan comes in and tries to push me off. So I asked him if he wanted to go and immediately he is trying to pull his clothes off. So I take his diaper off and put him on the toilet. He tries to go and then gets off. I put his diaper back on and then he wants to get back on so I put him back on with his clothes on this time and he is trying to push something out. The he says "all done". So today he wants to do it again so Matt puts him on. He tries to go and then says "all done."

Matt is getting ready to go to work so we are all giving him a hug. Trey says "lets be a family" and wants to have a group hug. I guess we are only a family if we are having a group hug.

Trey asks is it Fathers day today. I tell him no and he says "yes it is. it is kids father's day" He then tells me he is going to make him self a present and gets his safety kid scissors and paper and starts cutting the paper.

The the best one of the day. I am sitting on the couch folding laundry and Trey comes up to me and tells me he cut Ethan's hair. It took me a minute to process and I realize he really did. Took a chunk right in front. Right to the scalp. So we had to give Ethan a buzz. and you can still tell. I couldn't help but laugh. It was so funny. I had to hurry and call Matt and my mom. My mom asks me if I was crying or laughing. I tell her I was laughing I couldn't help but laugh. I might have been mad if he did it to a little girl. After I was done laughing we had a good talk about how only mommies and daddies cut hair and not him. Hopefully he will remember this in the future.




After

7 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

Oh man, that is funny. You've got to love it when kids cut their own hair. Haley and Karly played beauty shop a couple of years ago and they endedup getting their hair cut pretty short after their fun. Karly had a huge chunk missing out of her bangs for months.

everything petersen said...

Has Trey cut his hair before? Kobe cut is hair, but cross my fingers that Gabe wont.

Ranae and Matt said...

Nope this is the first time. And right after he cut Ethans hair he told me. So I am praying it doesn't happen again.

Cassie said...

The funny things kids do. I am glad we have boys....and you are lucky it is summer, perfect time for a buzz cut.
Good Luck.
Hide all your scissors!

Shanna said...

I love that top picture. Good thing he has those cute chubby cheeks to distract from the hair. My girls did some major damage on their hair with scissors when they were little. Gotta Love It!

Cassie said...

You've been tagged!

Keiauni said...

so cute... love the funnies!

hey, the hair thing could be worse, right?