Tuesday, July 15, 2008

4th of July

The 4th was a lot of fun. We first woke up at 6:00am to get ready to go to Delta to spend the first half of the day with my family. It is a tradition to go to Delta every other year and have a big family party. We go to the parade and then go over to my sisters house and hang out do kids crafts and then go to the demolition derby. This year we went to the parade and then to my sisters for a few hours to eat and have the kids do some crafts and then we had to leave. The rest of my family minus one brother and his family stayed and went to the derby. We had to head home because Matt had to work. Luckily for me Matt's family was hanging out in Layton. While Matt went to work I went to hang out with Matt's family. Matt cousins little girl was born on the 4th so they have a little party and a BBQ. Matt's work was so slow which we knew it would be, (Who's going to order pizza and the 4th.) but it was mandatory that he worked. He only delivered one pizza . So he was able to come over and hang out with us. When it started to get dark the kids did sparklers and then everyone went to what the big firework show.

Every year Delta had the fighter jets do a fly over. My mom was worried that we wouldn't be there in time. I assured her that if we missed it that it would be ok. We see fly overs every day 2-3 times a day or more. But we made it and it was still awesome to see. I was a little caught of guard I had my back to where they flew in from. After these 4 plans flew over a big refueling tanker (i think thats what it was) flew over head and really low. I too see these on a regular basis but never as low as it was that day.

Waiting for the parade to start. Grandma made cute little bags to put all the candy in and there is a lot of candy. I think some of the adults-I won't name names had almost as much fun as the kids with the candy.


Getting glow sticks before the big firework show





I have some better pictures but my other camera battery is dead and the charger for it is in Mexico for another week with Grandma.

1 comments:

Cassie said...

Your boys are so cute, looks like you had fun.