Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bunk Beds


This is the boys new beds. For the last 2 weeks Ethan insisted on taking a nap on Treys bed. At night he would sleep great in his crib. So we figured he was ready to move into a big boys bed. We knew we would eventually do bunk beds, but figured why not now. This bunk bed was actually Matt's when he was little. Matt added some wood to cover the frames and made the ladder, and also gave it a new paint job. The boys love it. Ethan goes to sleep great both for nap and at bed time. Once in a while he will get out but for the most part no problems. He did fall out of bed the first 2 nights so we put up a side rail but he still managed to fall out on night. But over all this has been an easy transition.

8 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

I totally thought those were brand new beds! You guys fixed them up so nice. Gotta love bunk beds.
So, Kaleb and Kristin are moving up to Clearfield and my first thought was, "I wonder if they will live by Matt and Ranae?" I guarantee we will go up and see their house sometime soon and when we do I will for sure give you a call!

marlene said...

The Bunks look great - we are going to start refinishing some furniture for Kelsie and this gives me hope that it will turn out good!

Marie Lefler said...

Crazy bunk beds! I'm glad Ethan is sleeping better in his big boy bed.

Thanks for having Noah over. He can't stop talking about his good friend Treyson.

Cassie said...

Wow,it looks great. Noah loves sleeping in a big boy bed, we need bunk beds too. How fun.

Keiauni said...

nice project! Looks great! Hey, my boys sleep in the bunk beds that Judd and his brother used to share!
We refurbished those as well! Small world!

everything petersen said...

I wish I could say I refurbished my boys bunk beds, but nope I didn't. They look so good, and were did you get there blankets. Did Maryann get her sew on! I really like them too. When did Matt have time to do that?

Ranae and Matt said...

The blankets are Walmart clearance. Good question when Matt had time. He did a little bit here and a little bit there. This was not a fast project for sure. Just like everything other project. He did have all of last Saturday off so that's when we got a lot of things done.
Bon we so need to get together. You tell me when and where.

Unknown said...

WOW, I can't believe they are the same beds that sat in the garage for years. They truly look wonderful, you have done a beautiful job fixing them up. Can't wait to see Trey and Ethan's room Brittnee told us about.

Love, MOM