Last Sunday was my Grandpa 90th birthday party. (Technically he isn't 90 until November) The family decided to get together to celebrate him a little early. We ended up doing it along with my cousins homecoming and I don't think my Grandpa and an idea that everyone really came for him. Almost all the the family was there which was great because we don't see them very often, so it fun to see them. My Grandpa didn't remember me or most of the family for that matter which is sad but I guess that can happen when your that old and since I really haven't seen him for 2 years. I admire my Grandpa so much. He is such a hard worker. He is a farmer and works from sun up till way past sun down. He has slowed up quite a bit but he is still out there taking care of his cows. He would also do anything for any body. I remember going and spending a week at my grandparents house during the summer and helping him herd cows and change the sprinklers. He never expected me to help and I didn't do a lot but I loved being there with him and watching him work so hard.
I don't know how much longer my Grandpa will be around I am actually surprised that he is still alive, but I am truly grateful to spend that great day with him and see the tears in his eyes when we sang happy birthday to him and then listening to him tell he story of him being born. Grandpa I love you!!!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Grandpa's 90th
Posted by Ranae and Matt at 1:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment