Monday Ethan and I were both sick. So around 10:30 am we laid down for a nap. I knew Trey could entertain himself for a little while so we could rest. When I woke up I found that Trey had made him a sandwich all by himself. He made him a cheese sandwich with no cheese. so basically it was 2 pieces of bread with miracle whip on it. Gross I know but we were out of cheese or I am sure he would have tried to cut him some cheese himself. He also got himself a sippy cup of water and he was good to go. I am thankful that he is self reliant but it is a little scary to see how fast he is growing up and not needing me as much. It is nice but a little sad.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
What a cutie :) How old is he?
Having your kids become more independent is a curse and a blessing at the same time. I love when Haley gets herself something to eat, but I hate it when I go in and the milk is left out and there is peanut butter and jam all over the table. Definitely pro's and con's to it!
Kaleb and Kristin just moved up last week. We still haven't gone up there yet. Hopefully soon!
He just turned 4
Wow, that is great. I need to allow Brady to be more self reliant. I am always afraid of the mess I will have to clean up or that he would cut himself. He has tried to get himself a slice of cheese before. I had to hide the knifes in the top cupboard so he wouldn't get them, of course he just climbs on the counter and gets them anyway.
I hope you and Ethan are feeling better.
The question is did he eat the sandwich?
Yeap all gone to. Usually when I make him a cheese sandwich he usually takes the cheese of and eat them seperate. He was so excited. He even cleaned up the spills.He says "Mom I am a big boy I didn't spill. I was just glad that I didn't have to do it.
That is great!! My kids are the same way. Sometimes I really think they could survive without me. On Saturday Justin and I were both sick and we were just laying in bed and the kids made us lunch in bed. It was really cute!!
I love the freedom I am feeling with by boys getting older. Though Gabe still wont dress himself. Kobe will try to make a sandwich and get a sippy cup but he doesn't clean up.
You are feeling better right?
SWEET...now just train him to feed and diaper Ethan and you are set!
I know how you feel Lily is already getting independent she wakes up on her own every morning and chnages inot her clothes and then she goes down stairs and gets whatver she wants out of the fridge or uses a chair to get things out of the cupboard! The first morning it happened it surprised me and then I was grateful that i was not cleaning up a mess!!
Growing up - in some ways so sad, in others not fast enough :)
That is so awesome!
Post a Comment