Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sweethearts Prom






Last Saturday night some friends from our old ward put together a prom. You could dress up if you wanted. A lot of people dressed up from the 80's but we didn't get the memo until after about that part. I however wore the dress that I wore when Matt and I went to our first dance. It was actually a Valentines dance about 9 years ago. (Man I need some new dresses). Matt found a bright green dress shirt at Ross and wanted to wear it. I was all for that because at least he was a little excited because he was to hip on the idea of going to the dance. (not that he wouldn't have fun- he just can't dance). We had a great time getting to see old friends, especially Jake and Emily. We had such a fun time laughing. Jake really showed off. The great thing about this dance was you could totally be ourselves. No one to impress. We were all friends. We only made it to part of the dance but afterwards Jake and Emily, Jake and Rachele and Matt and I went to Leatherbeys sp? for a treat.

Jake and Emily were great friends ever since we moved into our old ward. We would get together and have a great time playing games. The girls would always win at pictionary. Jake however was mean at spoons. You better watch out for him. I hope that we can get together soon and play games again.

I now realize how much I miss my old ward but then again they didn't start having these couple parties until we moved out. I am so glad we still get invited to go to those get togethers.

2 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

That was so much fun! We had so much fun seeing you guys again. Hey, about March 1st.. I'm not sure what Jake is working, I will have to find his schedule and check it out. I will let you know soon! Happy Valentines Day!!

Susy said...

Looks like fun...I'm glad you did get to celebrate Vday a little!